Well, yet another spin on my classic guac…this time the Thanksgiving spirit got me yearnin’ for some pumpkin’ and a lil’ grilled corn, so why not toss it into your guac this season for a tasty sweet n’ savory dish that can be enjoyed as a dip with roasted root vegetables such as eggplant, sweet potato fries, carrot fries, butternut squash fries, zucchini fries or apple and parsnip fries. I enjoyed this guac spread onto my lunchtime sandwich in lieu of mayo and also used it to top my evening grilled fish dish. So, go ahead…I’m giving you permission to get creative…whip up this baby and have fun using it as a condiment for dips, a spread on a sandwich, dressing on a salad or topped onto a bowl of vegetables…any way you choose, it’s delish…
Dip in…and enjoy!
Grilled Corn n’ Pumpkin Guacamole
- 3 earns corn
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 avocados, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup natural pumpkin puree
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup Stonyfield Oikos Greek plain yogurt
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Brush corn with oil and place onto grill; cook for approximately 15 minutes or until desired doneness. Set aside to cool.
- Remove kernels from cob using a knife.
- In a separate bowl, combine avocado, pumpkin, onion, cilantro, orange juice, lime juice, flax seeds, nutritional yeast and red peppers; mix well to combine.
- Add corn and mix. Top with a dollop of Oikos Greek plain yogurt.
- Enjoy with sliced vegetables, whole grain chips or as a spread on a sandwich.
Just in time for Thanksgiving, I’m giving away $60 worth of Stonyfield Yogurt Coupons, 2 Stonyfield Recipe Books and a Stonyfield Spatula.
1). View the Stonyfield Yogurt website and tell me what yogurt you’d like to try.
2). Post this giveaway on your blog. Leave a comment telling me you did.
3). Tweet this Giveaway post! Leave me a third comment telling me you did.
Each comment counts as an entry.
Good Luck; I will be picking a winner on Monday, November the 15th at 5PM EST.
Filed under: Appetizers, Condiments, Giveaway's, gluten free, Lunch, Product Reviews, Side Dishes, Vegetarian Tagged: | giveaway, Greek yogurt, Grilled Corn, Grilled Corn and Pumpkin Guacamole, guacamole, Oikos, pumpkin, Stonyfield, yogurt