Just in time for the holiday weekend, my On-The-Go Snack List continues…
I’m sure many of you are planning on hitting the road for the upcoming 4th of July holiday weekend, so I thought I’d share some more of my snack ideas with you…many of them are quick and easy to prepare and can be stored in a Ziploc bag or Tupperware.
This time around I’ve categorized your munchies into what you’re taste buds are craving…You can indulge in these tasty, easy-to-prep finger foods guilt-free!
- Rye crackers with mashed avocado and lemon juice
- Whole wheat cracker spread with nut butter, drizzled with honey and topped with sliced strawberries
- Air-Popped Popcorn (make your own healthy variety)
- Apple slices drizzled with Agave Nectar
- Frozen Grapes
- Crudites of veggies and your choice of dip (Hummus, Tabouli, Vinaigrette, Balsamic Dressing and Olive Oil)
- Celery and Nut Butter
- Whole Grain toast with hummus
- Toasted nuts sprinkled with stevia and cinnamon
- Wheat grass
- Dried fruit
- Greek yogurt and ripe fruit
- Dried fruit and nuts (Try pairing together different options such as pistachios with dried mango, macadamia nuts with dried cherries, peanuts with dried apricots, hazelnuts with dried pears or cashews with dried cranberries)
- Sprouted date bread with all natural jam
- Frozen Greek yogurt (Make Your Own)
- 1 Banana rolled in cocoa powder and drizzled with honey
- Porridge (Maple syrup, cinnamon, soy milk, bananas mixed with your choice of left-over grains)
- Smoothies (Carob powder, Greek yogurt, ice, fruit, soy milk, etc.)
- Fruit ‘Ice Cream’ (Peel a banana, freeze and blend in a food processor along with nuts and berries.
- Roasted Sweet Veggies drizzled with cinnamon and agave nectar (Experiment with root veggies such as yams, sweet potatoes, squashes such as acorn, butternut or kabocha and cut into chunks or ‘fries’, then sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with agave nectar; bake until crispy).
- Organic Dark Chocolate Chips or Carob Chips
- Pickles, Pickled Beets, Pickled Tomatoes
- Hummus, Tabouli
- Organic Turkey slices wrapped around sliced avocado and tomato
- Sardines and Oysters
- Steamed veggies with your choice of Shoyu, Tamari, Miso or Umemboshi Vinegar
- Miso Soup with whole wheat crackers
- Sea Vegetables added to any dish
- Whole Grain Tortilla chips dipped into homemade salsa/guacamole
- Sprouted Cheese Melt (Toast sprouted bread and top with a slice of cheese; broil until cheese is melted and top with a slice of tomato).
- Whole Wheat Pitas with Parmesan (Sprinkle Galaxy Vegan Parmesan Cheese over a whole wheat pita; broil until cheese turns brown and cut into squares.
- Fresh Lime or Lemon Juice added to your beverages
- Vinegar and Lemon/Lime Juice mixed into marinades and dressings
- Salted Edamame
- Organic Cheese
- Greek Yogurt
- Homemade Rice Pudding
- Baba Ghanoush/ Hummus Spreads
- Pureed Soups
- Cottage Cheese with whole grain crackers and fruit
- Homemade Pudding (Made with Silken Tofu, Avocado or Mashed Banana)
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes/Yams
- Coconut Milk
Don’t forget to enter for your chance to win my Big S Farms Give-A-Way. Send me a comment for your change at 1 of 4 great prizes. The deadline is Monday, July the 6th.
Have a Happy 4th of July Weekend!
Filed under: On-the-go-Snacks | Tagged: acorn, agave, avocado, baba ghanoush, balsamic, butternut, carob chips, celery, cheese, cinnamon, coconut milk, cottage cheese, crackers, craving, creamy, crudite, crunchy, dark chocolate, dip, dried fruit, edamame, fruit, grapes, Greek yogurt, guacamole, healthy, homemade, honey, hummus, ice cream, kabocha, lemon, lime, miso, nut butter, nuts, olives, oysters, pickles, pita, pudding, pureed soup, rice pudding, rye, salsa, salty, sardines, sea vegetable, shoyu, smoothies, Snacks, soy milk, spread, sprouted bread, squash, stevia, sweet, sweet potato, tabouli, Tamari, taste, Tofu, tomato, tortilla, travel, turkey, umemboshi, Vegetables, vinegar, Wheat Grass, whole grain, yam |