These savory little patties are perfect as a side dish with fish or chicken for dinner as well as over mixed greens for a savory lunch.
- 1 cup Millet (cooked)
- 1/3 cup Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tsp. Lemon Zest
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook until softened (about 3 minutes). Add cooked millet and garlic, continue to stir.
- Reduce to low heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add carrot, Parmesan cheese, basil, lemon zest, sea salt, pepper, zucchini and carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Add fresh basil.
- Remove from heat and let sit covered for 10 minutes. Uncover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with olive oil and cook patties for 4 minutes on each side.
Have you tried millet? If so, what are your thoughts on the unique taste?