Well, yesterday was quite a stormy one here in Manhattan…
Strong wind gusts, lots of rain and a broken umbrella left me with one choice.
Experimentation in my lil’ kitchen.
I purchased some fresh collard greens on Saturday at the Union Square Market, so I surely had to taste them. Next step, my lentils, as you’re all aware of my love-affair with lentils. And why not a touch of natural sweetness from my fresh figs, apple, pear n’ balsamic vinegar.
Pure heaven on a rainy, blustery day…
So, guess what I whipped up…
I toasted two pieces of gluten-free bread and topped them each with this delicious tapenade.
Lentil, Collard n’ Fig Tapenade
- 2 cups collard greens, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups red lentils, cooked
- 1 pink lady apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 red bartlett pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dulse flakes
- 6 fresh figs, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup button mushrooms, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Steam collard greens in a steamer until bright green and soft; approximately 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate; dab with a paper towel.
- Add collard greens and remaining ingredients into a food processor; process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Serve at room temperature as a dip with corn chips, crudites and gluten-free pretzels.
I’ve created some delicious tea-infused dishes that I hope you’ll enjoy!
Filed under: Nutrition Tagged: | apple, collard greens, dairy free, Dilmah, Dilmah tea, fig, fig tapenade, gluten free, Green Tea Sweet Potato Soup, Grilled Tuna with Green Tea Coconut Sauce, lentil collard and fig tapenade, lentils, pear, pink lady apple, red bartlett pear, red lentils, scallions, tapenade, Vanilla Tea Infused Fruit, vegan