This is one of my clients’ favorite Go-To Snacks! Bananas are not just a good source of B vitamins, they are low in sodium and contain Vitamin C and A as well as high levels of Iron and Potassium. The natural fiber in bananas also contributes to numerous health benefits. For instance, bananas contain Trypophan, a type of protein that the body converts to Seratonin, a hormone known for making you feel happy and improving your mood!
Aside from the bananas, these tasty wraps include other nutritional powerhouse ingredients such as the proteins in Greek yogurt and Nut Butter, the energy boosters in Honey and the blood sugar stabilizer of Cinnamon. Each of these ingredients make my Nut Butter Wraps a healthy and delicious snack anytime of the day!
(Makes 1 Serving)
- 1 Ripe Banana, sliced
- 1/3 cup Nut Butter (Almond, Peanut, Cashew, etc.)
- 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla
- 1 tsp. Orange Juice
- 1 tsp. Lime Zest
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tsp. Agave Nectar (or Honey)
- 1 Tbsp. Wheat Germ
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt and nut butter; mix well.
- Pour lime juice and orange juice over sliced bananas; gently toss.
- Top tortilla with nut butter mixture; spreading evenly over the tortilla surface, leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Arrange banana slices in a single layer on top of the nut butter.
- Sprinkle evenly with wheat germ and cinnamon.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Roll up and enjoy!
You can also enjoy this snack warmed up in the oven for a few minutes for an extra special treat!
Don’t forget to enter for your chance to win my Big S Farms Give-A-Way. Send me a comment for your change at 1 of 4 great prizes. The deadline is Monday, July the 6th.
Filed under: Breakfast, Dessert, On-the-go-Snacks, Side Dishes Tagged: | agave nectar, almond, cashew, cinnamon, Greek yogurt, happy, honey, iron, lime zest, mood, natural fiber, nut butter, orange juice, peanut, potassium, seratonin, tortilla, trypophan, vitamin A, vitamin c, wheat germ, whole wheat, wrap